Tuesday, April 30, 2013

i turned 5 months!

lucky me!  i celebrated my 5 month birthday for two days... I spent my actual birthday with my dad!  i was so excited to have a guys day that i woke up as soon as mama left for work...and made sure dad was up with me as well.  we had a wonderful day of nonstop smiles and giggles!  dad appointed me the birthday bishop, made me a mitre, and we went to visit mama at work.

that evening mama came home to find dad and me enjoying a beautiful appalachian sunset from our deck.  took my bath, had some birthday milk, and slept like a champ...
5 months birthday celebration round two!  today was lubec and mama day.  we headed south to flat rock.  first stop:  flat rock bakery - we always make a trip for wood fired pizza and sweets when we are in henderson county.  mama seemed to enjoy it.  i like sitting under the magnolia trees.
next we went to connemara - home of carl sandburg & a birthday tradition.  lillian sandburg raised prized goats so we went to see her descendents.





these two little nubians were only 5 days old...they were my favorite


one day mama, dad, and i are going to have some goats...
unfortunately my time in henderson county ended with an unexpected event - a shot!  but i just gave a little whimper and started smiling again...the nurse said if all babies were as sweet as me she would've had ten!
i was happy to get home and play with my birthday toys from the connemara goat farm...



No comments:

Post a Comment